Monday, January 12, 2015

Weather Report and more...

I have been pleasantly content with the weather lately. No colder than about 40 degrees and a little bit of rain. There have been a few foggy nights, whether because of the inversion or not I don't know. Not quite as bad as Clovis fog, but still fog. The inversion has been disgusting. There have been times where I can't see the mountains on the other side of the valley. I hate it. Oh well, not much I can do about it. The rain helped a little bit I think. Ellie came to church yesterday! We had as many people as we could stop by and invite them to church on Friday and Saturday. Ellie is now sick though and so we had to cancel our lesson with her tonight. We haven't had a lesson in about two or three weeks now. Michael is doing good though. He was asked to bear his testimony in ward conference. It was great. Then Elder Stanley and I spoke in two different wards, one on missionary work and the other on the fourth article of faith. We are also speaking in another ward next week on a general conference talk. We had a meeting with our ward mission leaders and a couple bishops this last Thursday. We just talked about some of the things we can do to better keep up with the Lord's pace. It was a really good meeting and the wards are pumped to do missionary work. I also went to a meeting for district leaders on Wednesday. Sorry, I'm kind of giving you my week backwards haha. It was good, we talked about things we can do to better help our districts. I felt like a lot of it didn't apply to me though because for some of the things, like exchanges for instance I don't have to worry about right now because I only have sisters in my district. It was still a good meeting though and I learned a lot. I have now been out for 16 months. I wish I could say 11. Things are going well though and I look forward to a great week. I hope all of you are doing well. Love you!

-Elder McKinney
68 degrees below normal...


 Kennecot mine. Don't know how to spell it. We tried to see if we could get in anywhere last p-day, but couldn't find a road. We found out it's not possible anymore unless you work there. The visitors center was closed because of a landslide.





District Leader Traning...Sis. Chambers took this picture

No comments:

Post a Comment