Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day Facetime!

We enjoyed our Mother's day skype with Elder McKinney from our Super 8 hotel! On his 8th month mark! It was different skyping from there!  Only cut out once!  But we still had sound...then the picture came back!  We talked for an hour and 45 minutes!  For a man of few words, it was pretty amazing!  He also demonstrated his Rubiks Cube skills...so he IS learning something on his mission!  ha ha.  We loved talking with him and his Monday letter is posted below.



I got to facetime home yesterday for Mothers Day!! Well.. if you can call it home. My family decided to take a trip to Disneyland without me. So they talked to me from a hotel. It was really wonderful though, despite their going without me ha. I couldn't tell you what we talked about, but it was fun :) I can't believe it's basically been five months since the last time I saw them!! It'll be a longer stretch this time with seven months until Christmas, but I think I can handle it. Not too much happened this week. It was a slower week. Beaver has a job now and so we haven't been able to meet with him as much, but they finally got their marriage license worked out and it will be here by the end of the month. So he will be baptized in June. Cyndy is our other investigator and we are only able to meet with her once a week and she is now having jaw surgery so we won't be able to meet with her for awhile again. We have some other potential investigators so we should be picking them up this week. That will be nice because we need to be teaching more. Wow this seems really short.... but I guess that's what happens when you're just trying to find people to teach all week. I'm not discouraged though, I know they are out there and I know we will find them. This week will be a lot better :) We get our study books today about the Atonement so I will let you know how that goes! Have a great week everyone! Love you all! Late Happy Mothers Day to all the women!!! -Elder McKinney

No comments:

Post a Comment