Monday, January 27, 2014

End of Kearns?

Well, transfers are this week. I have absolutely no idea what is going to happen. Apparently our landlords got a call saying they were only going to house one set of missionaries instead of two now, and another house down the street is going to house sister missionaries. So Elder Cleveland and I are fairly sure we are going to be pinkwashed. No idea what will happen though. We just both kind of feel like we are going to be leaving. Which is a bummer, but if the Lord needs us somewhere else we will go. We have four people on date now. Two are the kids of a family the Solomons were working with, another is a kid of another family the Solomons were working with (I love the Solomons!) and the fourth is Carlos. We took him and his sister to temple square on Saturday. This was my first time going and having a real tour with the sisters that are there. Carlos' sister Carmen only spoke Spanish but luckily one of the sisters taking us on the tour spoke Spanish too. We watched a cool video (in Spanish, so I really couldn't understand it ha) and after the sisters said some stuff we invited Carlos to be baptized. Carmen turned to him and said something in Spanish and then Carlos said he would be baptized. When we were talking with the sisters after the lesson they said that Carmen had said to Carlos "you need to be baptized in this church right now" it was really awesome! The sisters put Carmen on date and we are going to have the Spanish Elders in our area teach her. It was awesome! It was a super spiritual experience. This stake is really starting to catch the vision and the missionary work is taking off! Which is another reason I'll be sad to leave. I have had a great time here though and I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ know what is best and where I need to be. I will always follow them. Mission prep was good this week. Elder Langbata taught about inviting others to come unto Christ. I know this gospel brings blessings that we cannot find anywhere else. It is only through Jesus Christ and His Atonement that we can find true and lasting peace and happiness in this life and in the life to come. Through Him we can become more than we are now, and more than we ever thought possible. We have our agency though, and must accept and apply His Atonement and follow Him. It is through our own choices that we receive those blessings. Please, Invite those who have not heard this message to listen to it. Invite them to listen to the missionaries in the area. You can be the way in which Heavenly Father blesses His children. We have to act though, it is up to us. I love you all and I hope you have a fantastic week! Know that God loves each and every one of you and wants you to have everything that He has. -Elder McKinney

And a note from his letter to me (Mom) that made my day...We had some cinnamon rolls the other night for dinner. We asked for breakfast since we never have any good breakfasts, just cereal. They were good, but I still like yours the best. Hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment