Monday, February 10, 2014

Week 2 in Sandy

Sandy is a lot slower in terms of work than Kearns was, but that's alright because we are going to get this place started. Which means a lot of work with the members. I forget if I already told you last week but we found a man and his girlfriend who are living together and the man wants to be baptized and sealed to his family. They have to get married first and he has to quit some addictions first but he is committed to do so. We are going to work on the wife because she isn't as decided on getting baptized. Elder Niupalau is really trying to get me to learn the area as fast as possible. We went on exchanges on Wednesday (since he is the district leader) and Elder Egley (who was in my zone in the MTC) came with me to my area and Elder Niupalau went to their area with Elder Hall. It was a fun exchange even if we had to do a lot of tracting since I don't know the area as well haha. We went on a blitz in the 2nd ward which is the Samoan ward on Saturday. They came up with a list of less actives or non members who they wanted to go by and visit and invite them back to church and stuff and so Elder Niupalau and I split up and went with them. Then we went and ate lunch afterwards. It was really fun. Its been raining the past couple days. I like rain a lot more than snow actually. Not much has happened so there isn't much more to tell you all. Sorry for the short email this week. Just know that I love you all and I hope each one of you have a fantastic week! The gospel is true and our Heavenly Father loves us all so much! Never forget that!
 -Elder McKinney

ps: We also had Stake conference here. The Saturday session was focused on the hastening of the work and Elder Niupalau and I bore our testimonies. Then on Sunday the theme was Trusting in the Lord and President Bishop who is in our mission presidency was there and him and his wife spoke as well. It was really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment