Monday, February 24, 2014

Where did February go?

This week flew by so fast! The whole month has gone by fast! We finally got all of our investigators to church! Brian and Brandi both made it. They only stayed for Sacrament but they at least came and so they are still on date. We also got a new investigator this week. She was a referral from another set of missionaries. They had been teaching her but she lives in our area so they referred her to us. She is on date for baptism as well. All three of our investigators are on date for March 15th. The girl we picked up this week is 15 years old. Her name is Emma. She's a solid investigator and has good fellowship. Brian and Brandi we are still trying to get married. It is hard to have lessons with them because we only have one for about every 4 we schedule. They finally came to church though so we are heading in the right direction. A few of the wards in this stake are starting to catch the vision and so we should be seeing some more work coming up soon. That'll be good. We went on exchanges this week with the zone leaders. I was with Elder Maddy in my area and Elder Niupalau went with Elder Maestas in their area, which is the YSA assignment. Elder Maddy was in my zone back in Kearns so I already knew him a little bit. It was good to be with him and I learned a lot. He's been out for around 20 months and Elder Maestas has been out for 10 or 11 I believe. He was Elder Clevelands companion in the MTC. We are going on another exchange this Wednesday and I will be with Elder Hall in my area and Elder Niupalau will go with Elder Egley in his area. If Elder Niupalau wasn't leaving after this transfer I probably would have gone to another area for at least one of those exchanges but I've been staying here because I've got to learn the area. I got to go back to Kearns for Kasseys baptism on Saturday. It felt like I had never left. It was so good to see people again. It's only been four weeks or so but I miss them all a lot. I will be going back again this Saturday for some more baptisms. Kasseys brother Andrew will be getting baptized as well as a kid named Seth who was originally taught by Elder Bennett and I. Elder Cleveland taught him with me a little bit but we dropped him soon after because he never came to church. But apparently the sister missionaries have been working with him and he's been coming to church so that's great! Two baptisms this Saturday :) I can't wait! I'll also have some time in-between the baptisms to visit with people so that'll be nice as well. I have been loving the weather the past few days. The sun has been out and it has been like in the 50s at least for those few days. Its been so warm I haven't had anything more than a sweater on. Which is crazy because in California I know I would have been freezing. I'm at least somewhat used to the colder weather. I'm still not used to the dryness though. My hands are always so dry. A few coats of lotion and my hands are still super dry and crack. A family that Elder Niupalau has worked with is getting sealed this Saturday so when I go to Kearns for the baptisms he will get to go to the sealing in the Draper Temple. I can't wait to be able to do that with a family I've worked with! I've learned a lot this week. We had a great lesson yesterday in one of the elders quorums about Justification and Sanctification. It was a really cool lesson! I remember a quote from one of the Prophets or Apostles saying something along the lines of the Atonement being the most important doctrine of the gospel, yet it was the least understood. I continue to understand that quote more and more as I learn more about the Atonement. The Atonement is the center part of everything in our Heavenly Father's plan for us. Without the Atonement the plan would not work and we would have no way of returning to live with our Heavenly Father. I understand at least a little bit better how much our Heavenly Father loves us since being on my mission. The fact that we have our agency and He will never take that away from us no matter what is one of His biggest expressions of Love. It is up to us to use that agency for good however. I know that the way in which we use our agency will have an impact on our eternal progression and I encourage all of you to continue to use that agency to follow Jesus Christ. "...this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ..." (2 Nephi 31:21) Have a wonderful week everyone! Love you all!-Elder Mckinney


No comments:

Post a Comment