Monday, October 20, 2014

Time Flies...

I can't believe how fast time is flying. Elder Koo has already been out for two months. Malia did not get baptized this last week. She passed her interview but her granpda couldn't do it this weekend. We are unsure whether he can baptize her, his reason for not being able to make it was he was going dirt biking with friends. We are going to try to see what we can find out this week and make sure it happens this weekend. Hernalen is also on date for the 18th of November. I actually haven't met her yet. Every time we teach it is when I am on exchanges in another area. Things are going good though and we are excited to find more miracles in this area. I've been here for about four and a half months now. Longer than I have been in any area before. We had our zone conference this week which was fantastic! I can't remember what we talked about... but I have it all in my notes! haha. I also had a district leader training the next day with all the other district leaders. Those are my favorite meetings :) probably just because we talk about doctrine a lot of the time. This time we talked about the oath and covenant of the priesthood. We also talked about a lot of the disobedience going on in the mission and missionaries that struggle with things such as why we set goals. In other news in the district Elder Alder was transferred to Kearns to be a district leader. Elder Walker is now with Elder Austin who was serving in Africa until he got sent here because of the Ebola situation. I went on exchanges with my zone leaders on Friday and got to see a few people from my last area. It was really weird. One of them was the ward mission leader for the Samoan ward and one was the old ward mission leader for another ward, he was released right before I got transferred. Things are going well and I am excited to be here in this area! I think one of the few things I am looking forward to when I get back, is to only go to three hours of church again. Elder Koo and I were in some sort of church meeting from 7am to 4pm yesterday, and it was exhausting. Well I hope you all have a great week! Love you all!

 -Elder McKinney


No comments:

Post a Comment