Monday, October 6, 2014

General Conference

This weekend was General Conference and it was amazing! I learned so much and the spirit was very strong. I love being able to hear from the prophet and from the apostles. I was actually able to attend the Priesthood session. I got a ticket from the mission the day before the session. It was really cool to be able to go to the conference center and see all these people in person! I went with a group of missionaries probably about 20 big. We got to sit pretty close too! Unfortunately I didn't get to meet anyone, but I got to sit behind the MTC mission presidency. They were there because the choir was made up of Elders from the MTC. I missed the second session on Saturday though because we had to go early. I'm excited to go back and read them once they come out. We got to watch the movie Meet the Mormons this week! We got together as a mission and watched it. It comes out on October 10th. It was really amazing! I encourage all of you to watch it when it comes out, because it is really inspiring and the spirit is very strong. It is simply a movie that shows the lives of 6 individuals or families and their journeys through life as members of the church. It's not to make money for the church because all of the proceeds go to charity and it doesn't push any beliefs on anyone or anything like that. It was very well done and even very funny. There is one man in it that is a bishop in Florida or Alabama or something and we actually saw him at conference! It was really funny, we just saw him on the trax. We realized we were probably the only ones who recognized him though because we are the only ones to have seen the movie before it comes to theaters. Anyways, it has been a great week and everything has gone well. Cat is doing great and is working on getting her patriarchal blessing. We also started teaching a woman from the Philippines. She moved in with a family in one of our wards and was previously being taught by missionaries in downtown Salt Lake City. She will get baptized, it is just a matter of when, she doesn't quite feel ready yet, but she knows its what she wants. Malia is doing well but the mom kind of keeps pushing her baptism back, so we are working on that. Transfers are this week and I have no idea what is going to happen. I guess I'll let you know next week :) I hope you have a great week! Love you all!

-Elder McKinney


No comments:

Post a Comment