Monday, September 29, 2014

Slow Week...

Things this week were really slow. We didn't teach at all. We started teaching active members a set of three lessons that our stake president and us came up with that we believe with strengthen their faith in Jesus Christ and in His Doctrine and Atonement and in the Hastening of the Work. We started teaching that this week to a few families and will continue to do so until we have taught all the members :) We are going to keep working hard though and we expect to see an increase of work in the next couple of weeks. I am excited! Transfers are coming up on the 8th. I don't know where this transfer went. It's gone though. I'd like to share an experience we had the other day with all of you. We were out working on Saturday night and we came to a point where we didn't know what to do. All of our appointments had canceled and it was about 8:00pm. We said a prayer that we would be led to those who needed us at that time. We sat there for a few minutes and listened. Then a car pulled up behind us (we were stopped in the middle of the entrance to the church parking lot on our way out when we prayed so we were still there as we were pondering) so I began to drive so I could get out of their way. I was now driving with no idea of where to go. I could think of plenty of places to go but I wasn't sure where we "needed" to go. We decided to try a family that had previously invited a friend to meet with us but who ended up meeting with the missionaries in another place. We stopped by and talked with them for a few minutes and then ended up leaving and going to another family before going home. The night ended without anything major happening. The next day however Elder Koo and I were in different wards to try to cover more ground. I saw the wife of the family there and she stopped me and told me she knew why we were there last night. She said her husband needed a blessing and asked if we could come and give him one. Of course I said we would. It was really cool though to see that we had been led to someone who needed us at that time after we said that prayer. We weren't able to give the blessing until the next day, but if we hadn't gone that night we might not have ever given it. I know Heavenly Father answers prayers, both the ones who are seeking to help, and those who are in need of help. Thank you for all your prayers for me. I really do appreciate it. Love you all! Have a great week!

 -Elder McKinney

(we waited a long time for the email to arrive today, almost 3 hours later than normal!  How many times can you hit refresh on your computer?)

No comments:

Post a Comment