Monday, September 15, 2014

Neighborhood Fair...

This week we had our neighborhood fair as a stake. It was really fun and a ton of people showed up. There was food, games, petting zoo, dunk tank, arts and crafts, art show, and a car show. I may have walked by the cars a few times. There were probably about 40-50 cars there that were all in top condition and really expensive. Some classic cars in there as well. We got to talk to a lot of people so it was cool. We weren't able to find anyone to teach, but that's alright. We were able to have everyone see us and so if nothing else we were more widely seen. Things have been good with Elder Koo. We are excited for the work in this stake. We have been working really hard on gaining the trust of the members and we are also helping our stake president to make the work more organized. I love to be organized so I am happy we are doing this. We had a really cool experience this last week. We have been trying to transition Cat over to the YSA missionaries, which includes Elder Laughlin, but she had to cancel a few of the lessons we had set up to do so. We decided to give her a few days before trying to reschedule. At this point She was still set to be baptized on the 20th but she wasn't looking too solid. We were beginning to think she wasn't quite ready so we thought we would push back the baptism. We stopped by one night though to reschedule and she came out of her house crying. She was just overwhelmed with work and school and everything else in her life without much support. We were able to pray with her and talk to her for about 20-30 minutes. By the end she had stopped crying and felt much better than she has before we stopped by. We also discussed a lot of things and through all of that she decided that being baptized was what she needed to do. She is going to get baptized this Saturday :) I have a feeling that that may have been one of the only reasons I was really here, and if that is the case, I could easily be transferred out this next transfer. We shall see. I mean that's not the only thing Heavenly Father wanted me to do obviously, but I think it may have been the main one. Heavenly Father knows exactly what we need and when we need it, of that I have no doubt. Malia is also going to be baptized next Saturday which is going to be great! :) We look forward to helping many other people in their lives to come unto Christ. I hope you all have a great week!
 -Elder McKinney
 p.s. I have considered asking my mission president if we can get some of these cars for the mission, I wonder if he would agree or not...

The first picture is an original Arnold Frieberg painting Elder McKinney thought I might like to see...cool!  But I like the second picture better...



No comments:

Post a Comment