Monday, February 9, 2015

17 Months...

As I start this email, I'm thinking to myself that I have a lot to write about. As normal though, it will probably end up being really small haha.

Update on investigators:
Travis-still out of town Ellie-Came to church, but still canceled two lessons this week (the mom did) so I don't know what we are going to do there. I've never not met with an investigator for over a month and a half but still have them come to church. Pattons (Talitha, Christian, Christopher)- I don't think Talitha is interested in meeting with us anymore, she has stood us up a couple of times. Christian and Christopher had a lesson with us this last week though. They both seem open, but I know they really like the church they are a part of right now. Christopher came to church, but went to a different stake. Said he liked it though and learned a lot. We are meeting with them this week. Anna and Max N.- We picked them up as investigators this weekend. Their neighbors across the street are members and invited them to have a lunch with us. We shared a message at the end and the parents said they were fine letting their kids choose for themselves. The father grew up a member but hasn't been active since youth. The mother is not a member but is very strong about not becoming one. The kids are interested though and will be at church this next week. They didn't come yesterday because they were at their grandparents house. So that's about it in terms of who we are teaching. It was a slower week in terms of lessons, but our next week is completely booked. The only night we have open is Saturday and we will even be splitting most of the nights to cover all the appointments we have. It will be a good week. It is also transfer week. I don't know what is going to happen. We will be having a meeting on March 3rd to be trained on how to use Ipads, there will most likely be a general authority there-someone from the Seventy. That's about all I can think of right now, I'm sure something will pop in my mind a few minutes after I send this email. Normally does. I hit my 17 month mark this week, if anyone's counting. I know my mom is. Well, things are going well, I'm excited to keep going forward. Have a great week everyone! Love you all! -Elder McKinney

With the Doughers in Herriman

No comments:

Post a Comment