Tuesday, March 17, 2015

I am still alive...

I apologize for forgetting to tell you that we were going to the temple today. Hence the preparation day on Tuesday instead of Monday. I'm glad that we get to go. It's been over six months since we've been! I think that might be how it is from now on, but I'll get to go at the end of my mission either way. iPads are still crazy. It's actually pretty tough to try to adjust our teaching to use them. It's a completely new concept and I wish I had more than six months to master it. They are really nice to have though. They help in a lot of ways. Sometime in the future we will use an app that will allow us to have our area book and planner on here in digital form instead of having huge paper binders. That will be so nice! I'm excited for that. We went on two exchanges this week. One of them I stayed in the area, the other I went to their area and worked with one of them. It was really fun and I learned a lot. We have a lot of things that we have to deal with as a zone leader, it's a little more than I was expecting. It takes up a lot of time and there are days that we don't work our own area until the evening. It's all pretty crazy and I'm still trying to get the hang of it. When I got into the area we were teaching a woman who lived out of the mission. She wanted to get baptized and has been coming to our stake, so we transitioned her to the missionaries where she lives ( in Murray) and actually got permission from our mission president to leave our mission to have a transition lesson in Murray. We also got to go to her baptism this last Saturday in Murray and it was really weird to be out of the mission but it was a great baptism and I'm glad she made that choice. We had a really cool miracles this last week. Elder Hauata and I have tried to be specific in our prayers and so we prayed that we would receive a phone call with someone to be baptized. Last Wednesday we got a phone call from one of our bishops early in the morning saying he wanted to meet with us that day. He was just put in as the bishop about a week early and a woman scheduled to meet with him. She told him that she wanted to join the church. So, he talked about meeting with us and now we have a lesson set up with them fortomorrow night:) she also has a son who is old enough to be baptized. The power of specific prayers are real. Transfers are in a week. Crazy stuff. I think I'll probably stay here. We both think that Elder Hauata will be transferred though. We will see. No one knows for certain. This transfer has gone by quicker than any other so far. I feel like it's only been a week or two. I'm excited to see what happens though. I feel like there will be a lot of changes in the mission. Things are going well, I'm happy. Thank you for all that you do. Hope you have a great week! Love you all! -Elder McKinney P.s. I'm still trying to figure out how to email on the iPad. So I might send a few more emails with pictures and stuff if I can figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment