Monday, March 23, 2015

Transfer week...

Transfers are soon here. It's going to be crazy I'm sure. I don't know what will happen for our companionship. Guess I'll let you know next week :) I'll probably stay though. That much I can give you. This week I can't remember all that happened so I don't know what all to write you. I'll just write kind of my testimony and feelings then. I've learned a lot recently about aligning my will with Heavenly Fathers will. All acts of disobedience are because of wanting to do my own thing rather than follow Him. Sometimes out of laziness, sometimes out of anger, sometimes out of ignorance we make mistakes. We must strive to learn for ourselves however what God's will is. When we then figure that out, we must courageously follow it. It won't always be easy, in fact it might often be very hard. That is the process though by which we are sanctified and become like our Heavenly Father. I am far from perfect. I often want my own things instead of what God wants. I am trying to do things that are right though, even if I don't want to. Christ had to when He suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane. Shouldn't I be required to offer some sacrifice of myself if I want to become like Him? It won't be easy. I have to let go of Pride however and submit myself to His will. I know we all face challenges. I know we all experience doubt or questions or concerns. We must willingly follow His will for us however. By so doing we not only allow the blessings of our Heavenly Father to reach us, but we allow them to change us. We are not only forgiven of our sins, but are sanctified to where we have no more desire to do evil. We are not only healed, but have strength to do more than we could before. There are many blessings that come from aligning our wills to His. It may not be easy, but we are not alone. The blessings of sacrifice will bring eternal consequences that will never be regretted. I may not be perfect, but I am trying. I hope you all have a wonderful week! I love you all! -Elder McKinney


No comments:

Post a Comment