Monday, June 1, 2015

Time goes quickly...

This week was great! We saw so many miracles. We still have our struggles, but things are going great. The area is doing well, the zone is doing well. We had 7 baptisms in the month of May as a zone. Still pretty low, but we are going up so I'm happy with that. Our area alone has the potential for around 5 to 6 baptisms that we know of for June, but I'm sure the Lord has many more in store. No one really came to church again. That has been our biggest struggle overall as an area and as a zone. So Nathan and Pam fell off date. We have another kid on date though for the 27th. We just stopped by him and he said he was interested and his dad was okay with it so we set up a lesson. We went by and his mom joined in (who isn't a member herself) and basically we just talked about baptism the whole time. We had asked him if he had any questions at the beginning and he asked how baptism works. It kind of caught us by surprise ha. So we are excited for that. Both parents are on board. The biggest road block with him will be church. But I think we can help overcome that one.

We also got a call last week from a lady in one of our wards who said she had a referral for us. Her and her husband run a group home and an 11 year old girl they have there said she wants to get baptized. She's been with them for a year and a half and has gone to church with them a lot. They already have parents permission so we just need to teach her now. She also will get baptized in June :) So things are going well. Just need to help people get to church.

We had our meeting this week as mission leadership, mainly the zone leaders and sister training leaders. There we discuss items in the mission and council about how we can improve. After we had that we decided to get together with our district leaders in our zone and council amongst them what we can do to improve. So it's been a week full of meetings as well. I love the sacrament. If I didn't have the sacrament each week I don't know where I would be. It allows me the chance to renew my covenants with the Lord and to access the atonement. There are great blessings in the sacrament. I am grateful to have the opportunity to take it every week. Next Sunday will be stake conference here. Elder Gavarret will be the visiting authority. I'm excited for that to happen. I'm going to learn a lot. If everything works out, I'll get the chance to speak right before he does in the general Sunday session. President Bishop in our mission presidency will also be there. I haven't really seen much of him for awhile so that will be nice. We grew close when I was in sandy and he lived in my area. We also got to do a lot of service this week, which was nice. We ended up taking this huge boulder out of a mans backyard. It wasn't really that big, but for two people it was pretty heavy. It was a few feet under the earth and probably was somewhere around 100-150 pounds. Took us about 20 minutes to dig it up from when we first hit it. So that was fun. Thank you for all that you do for me. I really do appreciate it. I can't  wait to see everyone again. It's going to be weird, but it'll be good. Time goes quickly, trying not to let it go to waste. Hope you all have a wonderful week! Take Luck and be happy!

-Elder McKinney

Moroni Abridging the plates

No comments:

Post a Comment