Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Temple Week...

I guess first off I'll describe why I am emailing today instead of yesterday. Our preparation day was changed. We found out that we would be attending the temple next week as a zone. Two different sessions for the two districts. We also found out that Elder Aquino and I were selected to have someone from the MTC come work with us for a day. They want to come see if missionary work is the same or if they need to adjust some of the things they teach at the mtc basically. The day we were assigned however was the same day as our temple trip. So in order to accommodate, Elder Aquino and I will be going to the temple today with another zone and our preparation day next week will be on Monday still. That way we can work with the mtc person on Tuesday. That probably doesn't make any sense, but that's why I'm emailing today.

It was a slow week last week, but I feel it was a necessary one. We decided to transition most of our investigators to the wards. Meaning we won't be working with them as often. This means less teaching right now, but more time to find others to teach. Many of our investigators weren't willing to progress and keep commitments. As a consequence we only taught two lessons, and none of them were to non members. However, we set up with many of our Ward mission leaders and our bishops to go out and make visits with them. We feel this will bring many miracles because we will be working together instead of apart.

This week should pick up a lot because of that. We had our zone conference this week with President Chambers and a few other zones. It was great! It was also my last one before I depart. Our stake president was able to attend as well which was neat. He is a great man and does a lot to move the work forward and bring all unto Christ. We also went on an exchange with the assistants to the president on Friday and Saturday. I went with Elder Flack to sandy(their area) and Elder Wise came with Elder Aquino here. It was neat and we saw a lot of miracles.

Other than that, I'm down to about 8 weeks left. Not that anyone is counting. It doesn't feel like it though, which is nice. I feel like I'm going to be here forever and even my last few days I'll probably still be working as if I was staying for another year. It appears that I'll be speaking in my home Ward (in American Fork) on September 20th, so if anyone would like to be there for that feel free. I'll probably send another email closer to then with more details. Have a great week everyone!

-Elder McKinney


No comments:

Post a Comment