Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Many Miracles!

This week has been great and we have seen many miracles! Oh by the way we are going to the temple today, hence why I am emailing today instead of yesterday. We now have a person on date! Well actually we don't have a specific date because they need to figure out when the family will be here but it will be within July 10-15th! His name is Ryan. He is 9 years old. He has been taught by missionaries in the past but never got baptized because they wanted to wait for the step dad to do it but he wasn't worthy. We went by and it turns out Ryan had told his mom earlier that week that he wanted to get baptized and so when we asked him he said yes, even if it isn't his step dad who baptizes him. So we are super excited for him! We also took Cat to temple square and it was an awesome experience! The spirit was there and she for sure felt it! She said yes to baptism but she still has to get off work on Sundays so she can come to church. We are trying to help her find a new job. Once she does she will be baptized though :) Then, we are meeting with a young girl tonight that has been coming with a family to church for the past few months or so and wants to be baptized so that will be another one right there. I am glad that we will be able to help her now before waiting any longer. We will also try to help the mother to accept baptism as well. That's the rough review of our investigators.

I am super excited to go to the temple today! I have learned so much more since last time and can't wait to learn even more! We have a member that used to be in the Draper temple presidency coming with us so that will be cool too. The work is going great and Elder Williams is awesome. He only has a few weeks left but he is still working hard. I'm glad that the missionaries I've been with who have been going home were still hard workers even in the last transfer. It would make it a lot more difficult if they stopped working or didn't give it their all. Thankfully Elder Williams is giving it his all and some. I have some more pictures but my mom will get them and put them on the blog. For those who don't know my mom is keeping a blog of my mission and for the most part its just my emails and stuff but sometimes I send more pictures to her that she puts on there. So feel free to check it out. Eldermckinneysmission.blogspot.com I hope all of you have a great week and continue to build up the kingdom wherever you are! Love you all! -Elder McKinney

The pics this week are: Temple Square with Cat, The District, Favorite Castle/house, and with comp Elder Williams.



This is possibly my favorite house in our area... my favorite castle rather haha. Both dragons are at the house and it really does looklike a castle.. complete with moat



No comments:

Post a Comment