Monday, July 21, 2014

Transfers!

Well, Transfers happened on Wednesday. My companion was transferred to Jacksonville, Florida. I'm not sure who his new companion is. It was hard for him. He served hard for two years and he didn't want to go home. Ryan was baptized on his last night though! It was a great way to end. We had a little time left in the night after the baptism so we went out and tracted for 20 or so minutes. So as for what happened with me, I am now the new district leader. I have 8 missionaries in my district counting myself and a senior couple. My new companion came straight out of the MTC. His name is Elder Laughlin from Lake Charles, Louisiana and I am his trainer. His 22nd birthday will be in August. He is a great missionary and I think I'm learning more from him than he is from me. I've got a lot of responsibility now but I know that the Lord will help me. So the greatest part of this week was the baptism of course. Tuesday was filled with a lot of meetings. Wednesday was transfers and I got my new companion. Elder Baclawski and Elder Harris stayed together. Sister Moberg went to my old stake in Kearns and Sister Mayall came here. Sister Mayall was one of the ones who took my spot in Kearns. It was good to hear about some of the things going on there, and I gave Sister Moberg a list of people to go by. Cat is still looking for a job, but we are working on doing everything that we can to help her find one. I know Cat will be blessed to find a job this week. There is an 11 year old girl that a family has been taking to church that hasn't been baptized. She wants to get baptized but we haven't been able to meet with her yet. We went by the other day though and found out she is going out of town for a month, but the mom (also not a member) asked what Malia (the girl) could do to prepare for baptism. So I have no doubt that she will get baptized when she gets back in August. Other than that we are looking for more people to teach. I know as we work hard and as we stay obedient that we will be blessed. I hope you all have a great week!
-Elder McKinney


No comments:

Post a Comment