Monday, July 28, 2014

The Mansion at last!

Well we had many miracles this week! My personal favorite one, is we finally were able to get into the mansion :) We drove by and the gate was open so we parked really quick and went and knocked on the door. It was July 24th so they were here having a family party out back. Turns out they are all members and super active. They just aren't always at this home... they have a few. It is a really nice house! Really cool people too. We are going to try to have a p-day activity there or something. We just have to get a hold of them again, that will be the problem. Anyways, other than that we were also able to pick up two new investigators this week. One is really shaky, he was super high when we taught him but he accepted to have us come back so we will meet with him tonight hopefully. We aren't sure if he is in our area or not though so we might have to hand him over to another set of missionaries. I don't care though, it was great to find someone else to teach. We also picked up an investigator that Elder Williams had been teaching but transitioned him to the YSA missionaries who ended up dropping him, so we picked him back up. He's not really that solid either, but we will keep working with him and I know we can make progress with him, we will have to hand him back over to the YSA missionaries though when he starts making progress. Again, I don't care, if we can help them come unto Christ then that is all that matters. We are able to teach at least one lesson every day so its great. The work is starting to pick up even more in this area. My companion is awesome and I'm glad I don't have to train him as much as I would in some other cases. He already does a great job and I only have to correct him here and there. He's teaching me a lot too. I gave my first district meeting on Tuesday. I thought it went pretty well, I just took a little long with the training. I don't have to do one this week because of Zone Conference. I'm excited for that. Oh and then we will be having a mission tour in August. Elder Don R. Clarke is coming and so that will be cool. So we will basically just have another zone conference with him in a couple weeks. It's going to be great. Well that's about all I can think of for now. Enjoy the pictures, I sure did :) Have a great week! Love you all. -Elder McKinney








 The district...and Ryan who was baptized the night before Elder Williams returned home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment