Monday, November 24, 2014

Transfers, Snow and Selfies!

The verdict is........ Elder Koo and I are staying together! I thought most likely one of us would leave, I have never had a companion for longer than two transfers. Not anymore though! This transfer will be shorter though, four weeks long instead of six. I think because of the holidays. That means the next one will probably be 8 weeks long to make up for it. We are excited to still be together. We both love this stake and we work well together. The work was unusually slow this week however, so we are kind of bummed about that, but we know that we need to keep working hard and we will find more people. We moved into Pepperwood on Wednesday. We have one of the nicest apartments in the mission now. We have a full kitchen, a bathroom, and our own washer and dryer. I'm most excited for the kitchen, now I can buy the good food! We will miss the Martins though, who we were living with before. We are now with the McHenrys. They have been very kind to us and let us move in even though they have a lot going on right now. They also have supplied us with a lot of things they didn't need to. We also had some more snow this week. It stuck this time. I've never driven in snow before... we're alive though so I think we will be good. Other changes in our district this transfer is Elder Walker has a new companion. His name is Elder Alpin. I have been with Elder Alpin in a few zones before so I know him. He is coming from my old area, the Midvalley stake. Elder Austin, Elder Walker's last companion, is taking his spot in the Midvalley stake. He will do good there. We also have both zone leaders in our district now. We only had one the past few transfers. It will be a good transfer. I'm glad that I don't have anyone that I need to worry about. They are all good missionaries and will see a lot of success. Thanksgiving is this week. We have had more offers for us to come to people's homes than I think I can count. People have even started to offer for Christmas as well. It's crazy. Transfers will happen about the week before Christmas, so Elder Koo and I don't know if we will even be here. We are excited for Thanksgiving, it will be Elder Koo's first one. They obviously don't have that in China or Korea. We have already been getting a lot of food from members, but I feel we will have an overflowing fridge this next week after the holiday. Things are going well, we are just trying to find more work. Have a great week and Happy Thanksgiving!!!! Love you all!

 -Elder McKinney

 Elders Koo, Walker, Alpin and McKinney (with a beanie!)
Elders Koo, Austin, Walker, and McKinney

No comments:

Post a Comment