Monday, April 6, 2015

General Conference!

Hello Everyone! General conference! That was the last general conference I will watch as a missionary. I can't believe it. I loved every minute of it though. There were great talks and I was definitely uplifted and edified by it all. The Saturday afternoonsession I didn't see all of because the home we were watching it at had some technical difficulties, so I will be excited to read the talks when they come out. I also missed theSunday morning session because we were traveling to the conference center to watch the afternoon session live. Both my companion and I received tickets from the mission to attend. It was amazing and I was glad I got to go for my last time. Of all the talks I heard I loved them all. I learned a lot and understood the things I need to do better on. I know I will be a better person as I apply the counsel from the Lord's servants. There was a lot about family and marriage in there, not sure if it was a coincidence with it being my last conference before going home, but I definitely took notes :) I am excited to one day have my own family, but I'm still focused on the work I am currently engaged in and will give all I have, and some. It's hard to contemplate that time has gone so fast. In a short few months I will be away from what I have loved for the past two years. It will be hard, but the work will still continue, just in different ways. I know that God lives. I know that His son is Jesus Christ who sacrificed Himself for us. His atonement is not only infinite, but intimate. It applies to each of us on an individual level as we apply His redeeming blood in our lives. If we but turn to Him we will find peace and happiness, strength and healing, as well as hope and love. He is our Savior, Redeemer, and Advocate with the Father. His love for us is more than we can comprehend. I know that He is there. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! Keep being awesome! Love you all, have a great week!

-Elder McKinney




No comments:

Post a Comment